Book publishing solutions that Nahdet Misr Group offers include all phases of book creation, starting with content creation and translation, passing through creative design and conceptualization, and ending with production, printing and distribution. The Group is strongly involved in the publishing of children’s literature, educational books in addition to cultural writings for youth and adults who strive to enrich themselves with knowledge.
Nahdet Misr prides itself in publishing the work of great authors, public figures and intellects. To name, but not to list: Abbas Al-Aqqad, Yusuf Idris, Anis Mansour, Yahya Haqqi, Mostafa Amin, Gamal El Ghitany, Saleh Morsi, Sheikh Mohamed El Ghazali, Sohair Al Kalamawy, Ahmed Taymour, Ahmed Badwy, Ahmed Aboul Ghiet, Mostafa El Fekki, Isaad Younes, Medhat El Adl, Zahi Hawas, Youssef Zeidan, Khaled Habib, Mostafa Hosni and many others.
Nahdet Misr is also keen to offer valuable Arabic children literature that instills long- missed values and principles in our societies. Our variety of Arabic books feature some of the iconic writers for children in the Arab world including Yacoub El Sharouny, Affaf Tobbala, Fatma El Maadoul, Aisha Rafei, Abeer Anwar, Adly Rizkallah, Lily Mohsen and others.
The company has achieved significant milestones in the field of book publishing. Few of these achievements are:
• Production of 10,000 books for the visually impaired and making those available free of cost.
• Publishing award-winning books where more than 20 authors received the Country’s Appreciation and Motivational Award for books they published through Nahdet Misr Group.
• Publishing of numerous distinguished titles for children.
• Translation o titles from all over the world covering a wide range of topics, including history, humanities, science fiction, myths and legends.
• Production of the Arabic version of the Harry Potter Series since 2000, as well as other Disney Enterprises Inc. Publications and The Smurfs.
• Expansion of the network of authors with more than 130 new young and talented ones.
Over the years, Nahdet Misr Group has developed countless editions of adapted publications that have become quite popular and greatly appreciated in the region. Nahdet Misr collaborates with globally- renowned entities such as Disney Enterprises Inc. and National Geographic Society in translating, adapting, producing and distributing Arabic versions of global cultural and entertainment magazines in the Middle East.
Nahdet Misr Group produced the Arabic edition of National Geographic Youth magazine for the first time in the Middle East in 2007, and has been printing the publication regularly since then. Moreover, all children magazines incorporate puzzles and games that help develop reading, writing and problem-solving skills in children, in addition to the introduction of art, traditions and customs, health, geography, history and literature in an attractive and entertaining way.
In 2014, Nahdet Misr won a certificate from Disney Publishing for being the “Licensee of the year for Excellence in Partnership, Collaboration and Adherence to Process and Proper Use of Systems and Technology”.
The Group’s printing house is considered as one of the largest and most advanced printing houses in the Middle East. The facility stretches over an area of 23,000m2, and is equipped with state-of-the-art printing equipment that include sheet-fed offset printing machines, with an annual production capacity of 214 million sheets, and roller (web) printing machines, with an annual production capacity of one billion and 650 million sheets. The facility’s printing capacity exceeds 500,000 books per day, while its annual production exceeds 200 million books and publications. The printing services Nahdet Misr offers accommodate all processes and stages of printing and are carried out using the most experienced calibers in the field.
Moreover, the Group owns and operates advanced binding equipment of superb capabilities, as well as hard and soft book cover machines and paper stitching machines.
The printing house has set foot in the notebook manufacturing industry, where it has started manufacturing booklets and notebooks of various types and binding styles, including the saddle stitch stapler electric wire, and spiral wire, in a style and standard that match the market needs. The printing house has a large collection of auxiliary machinery, which are used in various operations that contribute to the exemplary output.
Such equipment includes:
• Folding machines, that fold the printouts on the sheet fed offset printing machines, before the continuation of the binding processes.
• Lamination machines, that treat the book covers properly, to preserve their color levels, splendor and condition.
• Trimmers, which are used in the final finishing stages of the product and in preparing the papers for printing.
• Sewing machines, which are used in high level binding processes.
• Wrapping and strapping machines, that are used in packing the products in different plastic wraps, and in producing book collections and paper gifts, and tying them down, for easier distribution, either to the warehouse or to other selling points.
With a dedicated Quality Management department, our specialized experts use advanced systems to check, follow-up and observe the entire production process, ensuring that the end-product is consistent with the Group’s quality standards. Adopting such rigorous checks, the Group has successfully attained globally recognized quality certifications, including:
• ISO Certificate of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001: 2008)
• ISO Certificate of Environmental Management (ISO 14001: 2004).
• Certificate of Occupational Health and Safety (OHSAS, 18001: 2007)
Over the years, Nahdet Misr Group managed to form a solid distribution network across the globe reaching more than 12,000 distribution outlets.
Nahdet Misr Group has collaborated with more than 150 international publishers worldwide, thus, allowing knowledge to seamlessly flow into Egypt and vice versa.
The Group has acquired publishing rights and licenses – from the world’s renowned publishers – for books, magazines, educational publications, digital content and stationery such as; Disney Enterprises Inc., National Geographic, Dorling Kindersley, Cambridge University Press, Scholastic and Discovery Education.
The aim of acquiring rights from these companies is to spread the knowledge and enhance the quality of educational products presented to Arab families.
The Group also took the lead in spreading Arab cultural knowledge worldwide, selling the rights of Arabic books and translating them into various languages. Nahdet Misr has sold rights for its prominent authors’ books to foreign publishers in several countries such as: Germany, Russia, Korea, Australia and Indonesia.
All material published by Nahdet Misr Group fall under the international copyright law
Offering professional translation and localization services, Nahdet Misr Group was able to spread foreign knowledge in Arabic language across the Arab world, as well as introduce Arabic cultures to the world in their native languages. The Group translates content from Arabic to English, Spanish, German, Turkish, Korean, Italian and Indonesian, among other languages.
Nahdet Misr Group has successfully translated into Arabic more than 1,000 titles belonging to many international well-known publishing houses, besides attaining their copyrights, such as Harry Potter series, Disney magazines and National Geographic books and youth magazine. It has translated into Arabic the works of many world-renowned authors such as Noam Chomsky, Edward Bono, Michael Morgan, David Ray Greeven, Roger Fisher, Danielle Shabeero, Christy Jeenman, John and Shirly Bain, Dr. Rosalin Glickman and Benjamin Spock.