The National Book Program (USAID)
In collaboration with the Ministry of Education and the US Agency for International Development, Nahdet Misr Group played a pivotal role in the execution of the National Book Program in Egypt (2005-2008).
- The Academy for Educational Development (AED) announced a tender for Egyptian publishers to enrich the public primary school libraries with books under the supervision of the Egyptian Ministry of Education
- Nahdet Misr Group was chosen to be the leader of a consortium comprising 33 Egyptian companies in the first and second phases of the program, all specializing in different fields including publishers, printing houses, furniture manufacturers and freight companies
- Nahdet Misr Group was responsible for printing, producing and delivering approximately 20 million books
- 21,000 libraries, 13 million students and 15,000 primary schools in 27 governorates across Egypt benefited from this project
- In Phase 3, which was dedicated to the preparatory and secondary stages, Nahdet Misr Group provided 96 titles with an estimate of 900,000 books to all local schools across Egypt